Nestling at the southern foot of the Lincolnshire Wolds, Old Bolingbroke was once an important gateway to the Wolds from the Fens in the South. Hareby is a small village in the parish and is listed in the 1086 Domesday Book.
Old Bolingbroke is home to the remains of Bolingbroke Castle, which was built around 1220 by Randulph de Blundevill, Earl of Lincoln. In 1366 Henry of Bolingbroke was born here and later became Henry IV King of England. The castle is part of the estate of the Duchy of Lancaster, is managed locally by the Heritage Trust of Lincolnshire and is open to the public.
Old Bolingbroke Field Day
On 29th November a planting day was held on The George V Memorial Field
King George V Field Surveys
The PCAS Geophysical and Archaeological Earthworks Surveys are now available to read and/or download.
Play Area Now Open
The play area was officially opened at the village fete on 31st July and is now available for you to enjoy.